The Joys AND Pains of Driving

Who knew that I would EVER be allowed to drive a car? Ever since I hit the legal age, I had been asking (to the point of begging) my mom to be allowed to drive but I was never given that opportunity -- not until a few months ago. I didn't ask her. I asked him (my dad). Teehee. I knew he'd say yes. And he did! He did! Aren't I daddy's little girl?? LOL.

The first time I drove all by myself was with an A/T Honda Civic hatchback -- my brother's. I was SO freakin' scared! My heart was pounding in my chest, my hands were all sweaty and I think I held my breath the entire time (if that were possible)! 

I remember, I was at an intersection and I was supposed to go straight but then I ended up in the right turn lane because I was too afraid to change lanes. I reached my destination a good hour after I left the house because I took that right turn and had to go back to the original route. I was so relieved when I arrived. I don't think I got to enjoy that first drive. By now, the fear has gone. I've finally enjoyed driving but I prefer doing it in the wee hours of the morning or night where there are lesser cars on the road. 

I discovered It's kinda nice to have a car around. You can go anywhere and anytime you like -- not that anything has ever stopped me from going out when I was car-less -- but it's more convenient to drive and you get to enjoy air conditioning as well. If you have somewhere to stop by before you get to where you want to go, you can do that. You can also bring loads of stuff and not be burdened of carrying it around. You can keep extra clothes just in case there's somewhere you need to go after work. 

Ahhh... this is the life. Or is it??

The total turnoff of this new "gadget" is the gas. It's really, really expensive!What with the gas prices rising and all. There are times when I pay for a gas refill I'd think, "This could've been a new pair of shoes or a really good book". *Sigh* Oh well. The price you pay for a taste of luxury.

For now, I'm thinking of giving up this thing. It has its benefits, no doubt about that, but I think I was better off with out one. This might sound unheard of but I kinda enjoy riding public transportation. Dangerous, true, but hey, that's life. You never know what happens on the road even when you're the one driving.




1 comments:

Kristine said...

I love driving! So much that I wanted to get a professional driver's license instead heheh! :)

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Lifestyle Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blogarama - the blog directory Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory Blog Directory

Feeds